The User Policy
These Policies shall be executed in Japanese language. Japanese shall be the governing language and any translation of these Policies into any other language is for convenience of reference only and shall not bind the parties hereto. These User Policies (the “Policy”) set forth the user policy for providing the Service of Ambassadors Japan (https://www.ambassadors-japan.com) (the “Website”), and the rights and obligations between the Website manager and Users of the Website. These Policies are prescribed for that you can use the Website comfortably and know the attractive point of Japan or Tokyo as it is, and all people concerned have a heartwarming relationship with each other. You must read and agree to the entire Policy before using the Website.
【Article 1】 Applicability
- 1. The purpose of these Policies is to set forth the user policy for providing the Services and the rights and obligations between the Website manager and the Users, and these Policies shall apply to all aspects of the relationship between you and the Website manager in connection with the Website.
- 2. If there is any conflict between these Policies and the Rules or any other description of the Services not provided for herein, these Policies will prevail.
- 1. By registration, you can use the Services (including but not limited to posting a comment on an article or blog, a picture, a question on Q&A and a blog).
- 2. A person wishing to use the Services (a “Candidate”) may apply to the Website manager for registration to use the Services by agreeing to comply herewith and providing certain information as specified by the Website manager (the “Registration Information”) in accordance with such manner as may be prescribed by the Website manager.
- 3. Upon completion of the registration pursuant to the foregoing paragraph, the Service Agreement shall become effective between the Registered User and the Website manager, allowing the Registered User to use the Services pursuant to these Policies.
- 4. The Website manager reserves the rights to refuse registration or re-registration of any Applicant without any obligation to disclose the reasons, in the event that:
- (ⅰ) Any or all of the Registration Information provided by the Applicant to the Website manager is found to be false, inaccurate or omitted;
- (ⅱ) The Applicant was determined by the Website manager to (ⅰ)constitute an organized crime group or a member thereof, anti-social force, or other similar person or entity (“Antisocial Force”), (ⅱ)have any interaction or involvement with Antisocial Force, or management of an Antisocial Force by way of finance or other means;
- (ⅲ) The Applicant was determined to have been violation of any agreements with the Website manager , or to have involvement with a defaulting party of any such agreements;
- (ⅳ) The Applicant has suffered any of the measures under Article 8; or
- (ⅴ) In addition to foregoing, the Website manager deems the registration inappropriate.
- 1. The Registered User shall be responsible for keeping and maintaining its password and user ID for the Services in an appropriate manner, and may not cause a third party to use, or provide, transfer ,change the name of, sell or otherwise dispose of, the same.
- 2. The Registered User shall be, and the Website manager shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of inappropriate management, misuse, or use of the Registered User’s password or user ID by a third party.
- 1. Any and all IP Rights related to the Website and the Services are expressly reserved by the Website manager or the Website manager’s licensor. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the Registered User of the IP Rights owned by the Website manager or the Website manager’s licensor.
- 2. The Registered User hereby represents and warrants to the Website manager that it has lawful rights to post or otherwise transmit the Posted Data, and that the Posted Data so posted does not infringe any third party’s rights.
- 3. The Registered User hereby grants to the Website manager a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and sub licensable and transferrable license to use, reproduce, distribute, make, express, and create derivative works of the Posted Data. In addition, the Registered User hereby grants to the other Registered Users a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, make, express and create derivative works of the Posted Data posted or otherwise transmitted by the Registered User using the Services.
- 4. The Registered User hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights against the Website manager or any other person who succeeded to the same from the Website manager or licensee thereof.
- 1. Because of the time elapsed and subjectivity or misunderstanding of the writer, the Website manager makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Services and the Posted Data (including but not limited to any representation or warranty
- (ⅰ) that the Services have expected recency, accuracy, or fairness,
- (ⅱ) of fitness or suitability for a particular purpose contemplated by the User, and
- (ⅲ) of non-infringement of any third party’s rights). In addition, information of other websites of which link is attached and contents is quoted are beyond the Website manager’s jurisdiction.
- 2. The User must use the Website, understanding the foregoing paragraph, and the Website manager shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of using the Website.
- 3. The Registered User hereby agrees that the Website manager can edit tag information of the Posted Data based on the Website manager’s own determination to improve the User’s convenience. The Website manager shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of the editing.
- 4. The Registered User hereby agrees that the Website manager can, without any advance notice to the Registered User, post a part of the Posted Data (including but not limited to the image, text and link) on SNS (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter) to advertise the Website or introduce to the Content. The Website manager shall in no event be, liable for damages arising out of the posting.
- 5. Under no circumstances shall the Website manager be liable for any damages incurred by Registered User arising put of discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by the Website manager of the Services, cancellation or loss of messages or information transmitted by the Registered User to the Services, deletion of the registration of the Registered User, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services (“Damages”).
- 6. The Website manager shall not be liable for any amount exceeding the amount the Website manager determine to be valid. Under no circumstances shall the Website manager be liable for incidental, indirect, special, future damages and lost profits.
- 7. The Website manager shall not in any way be liable for transactions, communications or disputes arising between the Registered User and other Registered Users or a third party in connection with the Services or Website.
- (1) acts that violate any laws or regulations or that are associated with criminal activity;
- (2) acts that defraud or threaten the Website manager, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- (3) acts against public order and good morals;
- (4) acts that infringe any IP Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation or other rights or profit of the Website manager, other Registered Users or other third parties;
- (5) acts to post on the Website any content of the following or any data that the Website manager determines includes under any of the following:
- - content that largely deviate from the purpose of the Website;
- - content that include individual opinion of politics or religion, or facilitate discussions of them;
- - content that criticize a particular country, region or religion;
- - content that causes uncomfortable feeling to third parties;
- - excessively violent or cruel content;
- - content that damage the reputation or the credit of the Website manager, other users of the Services or other third parties;
- - content that encourages discrimination;
- - excessively indecent contents;
- - content for the purpose of encountering unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
- - content that encourages suicide or self-mutilation;
- - content that encourage drug abuse;
- - antisocial content;
- - content for the purpose of disbursing information, such as chain mails;
- - computer viruses or other hazardous computer programs;
- (6) acts that place an excessive burden on the network or system of the Services;
- (7) acts that threaten to interrupt the operation of the Services;
- (8) acts to access or attempt to access the system or network of the Services improperly.
- (9) acts to impersonate a third party;
- (10) acts to use the user ID or password of other users of the Services;
- (11) acts of exploitation, advertisement, soliciting or marketing without the Website manager’s prior consent;
- (12) acts to collect information of other users of the Services;
- (13) acts that cause disadvantage, damage or uncomfortable feelings to other users of the Services or other third parties;
- (14) acts to provide Antisocial Forces with profit;
- (15) acts that are intended to encounter unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
- (16) acts that, directly or indirectly, evoke or facilitate acts listed in the preceding items; or
- (17) other acts that the Website manager deems to be inappropriate.
- (ⅰ) The registered User failed to comply with any of provisions hereof;
- (ⅱ) Any of the Registration Information is found to be false;
- (ⅲ) The Registered User has not responded to inquiries from the Website manager or other communications requiring its response for 30 days or more;
- (ⅳ) The registered User falls under any of subparagraphs of Article 2.4; or
- (ⅴ) In addition to the foregoing, if the Website manager determined that it is not inappropriate for the Registered User to use the Services, maintain its registration as a Registered User, or have the Service Agreement remain in effect.
- (ⅰ) Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for the Services needs to be performed due to urgent circumstances;
- (ⅱ) Computers or communication lines have been disrupted due to an accident;
- (ⅲ) The Website manager becomes unable to provide the Services due to force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disasters; or
- (ⅳ) The Website manager determines that suspension or discontinuance is required for other reasons.
- 1. The Registered User may withdraw from the Services and cancel its registration as a Registered User by giving notice to the Website manager to that effect and pursuant to such manner as specified by the Website manager.
- 2. Upon withdrawal, all amounts then due and payable from the Registered User, if any, shall be automatically accelerated, and the Registered User shall immediately pay to the Website manager such amounts in full.
- 3. Treatment of user information after the withdrawal shall be subject to the provisions of Article 13.
- 1. The Website manager shall be entitled to at any time modify or terminate the Services in its own discretion. The Website manager shall notify in advance the Registered User of any intended termination by the Website manager of the Services.
- 2. The Website manager shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of, or in connection with, any actions taken by the Website manager pursuant to this Article 11.
- 2. The Website manager may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the Registered User to the Website manager as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the Registered User may not challenge or dispute such use.
- 1. The Registered User shall not assign, transfer, grant security interests in or otherwise dispose of its status under the Service Agreement or its rights or obligations under these Policies without prior written consent of the Website manager.
- 2. In cases where the Website manager has assigned the business regarding the Services to a third party, the Website manager may, as part of such assignment, assign to such third party its status under the Service Agreement, its rights and obligations under these Policies, and the Registration Information and other information relating to the Registered User, and the Registered User hereby agrees to such assignment in advance. For the purposes of this Article 16.2, the business assignment referred to above shall include, in addition to the usual form of business assignment, a split of the company or any other form of restructuring of the company that would result in business transfer.
- 1. These Policies shall be governed by the laws of Japan. If there are sales of goods in the Services, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods (CISG) shall not apply.
- 2. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Policies shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in the first instance.
【Article 2】 Registration
【Article 3】 Change to Registration InformationThe Registered User shall promptly notify the Website manager of any change to the Registration Information in accordance with such manner as prescribed by the Website manager.
【Article 4】 Password and User ID Management
【Article 5】 Ownership of Rights
【Article 6】 Disclaimer and Waiver of Warranties
【Article 7】 Prohibited ActionsWhen using the Services hereunder, the Registered User may not conduct any of the following acts or any act that the Website manager determines falls under any of the following:
【Article 8】 Registration Cancellation
1. The Website manager may, without prior notice or demand, delete the Posted Data, or temporarily suspend the use by the Registered User of the Services, cancel the Registered User’s registration as such or terminate the Service Agreement, in the event of any of the following:
【Article 9】 Suspension of the Services
1. The Website manager shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the Registered User, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, in the event that:
2. Under no circumstances shall the Website manager be liable for any damages incurred by the Registered User arising out of any measures taken by the Website manager pursuant to this Article 9.
【Article 10】 Withdrawal
【Article 11】 Services Modification and Termination
【Article 12】 ConfidentialityThe Registered User shall keep confidential any and all non-public information disclosed by the Website manager to the Registered User for which the Website manager has imposed on the Registered User a confidentiality obligation in connection with the Services, unless the Registered User has obtained prior written approval from the Website manager.
【Article 13】 Treatment of User Information
【Article 14】 AmendmentsThe Website manager reserves the right to amend or change these Policies. In the event of any amendment or change to these Policies, the Website manager shall notify the Registered User thereof. If the Registered User uses the Services, or fails to take steps to cancel its registration within the time specified by the Website manager after the notice set forth above, the Registered User shall be deemed to have agreed to such amendment or change to these Policies.
【Article 15】 NoticeAny inquiries with respect to the Services or other communications or notices from the Registered User to the Website manager, or the notices concerning any amendment to these Policies or other communications or notices from the Website manager to the Registered User shall be made in accordance with the procedures specified by the Website manager.
【Article 16】 Assignment